Abdominal pain by the belly button? Causes?

Appendix vs Other. In a young person who still has an appendix, fever and sudden onset of pain around the belly button can signal early appendicitis. If the pain moves to the lower right area of your belly or intensifies you should be seen in an ER. Blood in the stool is not usually a feature of appendicitis but should also be evaluated in-person if it continues with above symptoms.
Belly-button pain. Belly-button (umbilical) pain may originate locally due to infection or herniation, or be "referred" from another abdominal location like the appendix. Signs/symptoms of concern include: local redness & drainage, umbilical bulging that can't be reduced with gentle pressure, fever, vomiting, change in bowels, generalized abdominal tenderness (suggests peritonitis), worsening pain. Get checked.