Can a mucous retention cyst in the left maxillary sinus cause headaches, double vision and selling around the eyes?

Most would not. A number of mucus retention cysts are often first diagnosed as asymptomatic findings on panoramic radiographs taken in a dental office. If a mucus retention cyst is large enough whereby it occupies enough volume in the maxillary sinus, it could potentially contribute to all of the symptoms you are inquiring about. Further evaluation of your symptoms would be recommended.
Sinus cyst. Cysts or inflammation of a maxillary sinus can cause cheek discomfort and headaches but double vision would not be usual. An otolaryngologist(ear,nose and throat specialist), opthalmologist or neurologist could advise you further.