I have a Duodenal ulcer and positive for H.Pylori. Allergic to Penicillin erythromycin cephalosporin diclofenac. What antibiotic is available to take?

Dr. Kristin Sokol
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: See allergist

I would also suggest seeing an allergist to evaluate you and determine if your allergies are true.
It is very unusual to be allergic to so many different medications. And many times, patients grow out of medication allergies even if they were true in the past.

In brief: See allergist

Dr. Kristin Sokol
Dr. Kristin Sokol
Dr. Shaym Puppala

In brief: Quadruple therapy

One regimen available for people allergic to penicillin and macrolides (such as erythromycin or clarithromycin) consists of the antibiotics metronidazole (Flagyl) 250mg & tetracycline 500mg 4 times daily, bismuth subsalicylate (found in Pepto Bismal) 525mg 4 times daily; and a proton pump inhibitor like omeprazole twice daily, for 10-14 days.
Alcohol must be avoided while taking metronidazole.

In brief: Quadruple therapy

Dr. Shaym Puppala
Dr. Shaym Puppala
Dr. Vikram Patel