Please please tell me everything about systemic mastocytosis.?

Dr. Regina Hampton
Breast Surgery

In brief: Skin problem

This is a skin disorder. I recommend asking a dermatologist this question.

In brief: Skin problem

Dr. Regina Hampton
Dr. Regina Hampton
Dr. Brant Ward
By definition, systemic mastocytosis is not confined to the skin, and must include involvement of the bone marrow and/or other non-skin tissues or organs.
Dr. Brant Ward
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: See a specialist

Systemic mastocytosis (sm) is an overgrowth of mast cells (immune cells that release histamine and other chemicals upon activation) in the bone marrow and throughout the body.
Symptoms vary from flushing to hive-like reactions to recurrent anaphylaxis. Sm can present in many different ways and have different treatments. See an allergist or immunologist with expertise in sm for more details.

In brief: See a specialist

Dr. Brant Ward
Dr. Brant Ward