I have had allergic reactions to lavender and I am wondering if lavandin is ok?

Dr. Martin Ostro
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Probably not
Lavender oil is from the species lavandula augustifolia (english or common lavender).
Lavandin oil is from the hybrid species "lavandula hybrida" which is a cross of lavandula augustiflolia (english or common lavender) and lavandula latifolia (spike lavender) so many of the coonsituents of the oils are the same and can cause the same allergic reaction that you developed with lavender oil.

In brief: Probably not
Dr. Martin Ostro
Dr. Martin Ostro
Dr. Powlin Manuel
In brief: Not OK if allergic
If you have experience allergic reaction to lavender, you have a chance of allergy to lavandin also as they is related species.

In brief: Not OK if allergic
Dr. Powlin Manuel
Dr. Powlin Manuel