Can GI doctors do test for hiatal hernia and how do I tell them I would like that checked. heart burn with nausea right upper abdo. pain dizziness

Dr. Mark Pack
Surgery

If you are having reflux symptoms, hiatal hernia is a common finding.
It can sometimes be detected on an UGI or can be seen if an EGD/upper endoscopy is deemed necessary. How do you tell them - just tell them your concerns, your symptoms, and that you think you have a hiatal hernia and would like to be checked for that. Very simple. Just be honest.

Dr. Mark Pack
Dr. Mark Pack

In brief: Talk to your GI

Talk to your GI doctor and give your symptoms in detail.
If s/he finds an indication to check for hiatal hernia,it will be recommended. HH does cause heartburn.The right upper abdominal pain and dizziness should not be caused by a hiatal hernia. Best wishes.

In brief: Talk to your GI

Dr. Michael Michaels
Dr. Michael Michaels
Dr. Eric Weisman