Can't building up your immunity with supplements help your body to fight Ebola even when exposed to it?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: Not likely

Ebola moves so rapidly that the only supportive care that is useful is the generalized care afforded by intensive hospital care.
Supplements will not work which of course is the usual case with supplements for most diseases.

In brief: Not likely

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger

In brief: Having a healthy

lifestyle in general helps us with immunity in general .
But, I would not count on any supplements to prevent transmission of Ebola or to diminish effect of it. This is a very dangerous virus and what is key is not to be exposed to it.

In brief: Having a healthy

Dr. Esther Poza-juncal

In brief: Be careful

Overall the best way to avoid Ebola is to not have direct contact with body fluids of a person who has it.
A healthy diet and good nutrition help your immune system work at its best. There are no "special" supplements that will help. Please take good care of yourself and your loved ones. My thoughts are with you and the people of western Africa dealing with this disease.

In brief: Be careful

Dr. Esther Poza-juncal
Dr. Esther Poza-juncal
Pathology

In brief: Avoid exposure

It is not likely that non-specific measures will enhance your ability to fight Ebola infection.
You best bet is avoid exposure by observing universal precautions. See this site for information on universal precautions.

In brief: Avoid exposure