Is your woman prone to fits of rage over insignificant issues?

In brief: If someone

Referred to me as "their woman", i might get a little testy.
I hope you are ready for the input you requested. If you aren't aware of how many people would be bothered by the phrase "your woman" then you may also be insensitive to issues that are significant to others (but which are insignificant to you). This may be more a statement about you then "your woman".

In brief: If someone

Dr. Donald Jacobson
I agree completely. We don't own people in this country. We have relationships that should be of equal status. This is as offensive as an old southern joke that referred to African Americans by the person saying:" i'm not prejudiced...I think everyone should own I or two of them." Using the words: my woman" or "your woman" implies ownership, and anyone who uses it deserve to be called out on it.
Dr. Miroslava Fox
Clinical Psychology

In brief: See below

Without getting into semantics, if people feel invalidated, they will become angry/enraged, resentful, etc.
You asked a question about "insignificant issues" that enrage "your woman". It's a good idea to stop and ask yourself, "what am i doing that makes her feel that way?". I'm referring to basic, but important listening and communication skills. Good luck!

In brief: See below

Dr. Miroslava Fox
Dr. Miroslava Fox
3 comments
Well put Dr. Fox.
Dr. Miroslava Fox
Thank you Dr. Fowler!
Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Take blinders off

I agree with dr. Fowler entirely.
All people (including any woman you might refer to as "yours") are sovereign and belong to themselves. No one is owned by anyone else. In fact, president abraham lincoln freed the slaves through the emancipation proclamation in 1863. The fact that you call your partner's issues "insignificant" suggests that your relationship may not outlast your prejudice.

In brief: Take blinders off

I agree with dr. Fowler entirely.
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Adam Levy