Can arthritis meds cause excessive sleepiness?

Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Not typically
Having said that, Indocin (indomethacin) which is an older arthritis med can definitely cause sleepiness but most of the other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories do not generally cause sleepiness in my experience.

In brief: Not typically
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Edward Smith
I havbe had several patients who routinely took small doses of aspirin nightly in the absence of pain, simply for sleep induction; and it worked well for them.
Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Usually not.
Some people sleep better because they in less pain with nsaids.
Most of the arthritis drugs do not cause drowsiness, except for drugs for spasm (soma, etc), flexeril, amitryptiline, and lyrica (pregabalin).

In brief: Usually not.
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Marsha Davis