Has anyone had any experiance using cisplatin or doxorubicin for osteosarcoma?

Dr. Helmy Guirgis
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: I shall try

Both drugs are being used in osteosarcoma.
Each has its own benefits and side effects. It is a balance beween benefits and risks. Drug combinations areusually used. Age and order of use (1st-round or 2nd) are important factors. Protocols based on national standards are routinely followed. Thank yu for asking. Consult with your cancer doctors.

In brief: I shall try

Dr. Helmy Guirgis
Dr. Helmy Guirgis
Dr. Scott Adams
Pediatrics - Hematology & Oncology

Cisplatin and doxorubicin are two agents used in combination with Methotrexate and potentially Ifosfamide and Etoposide in standard therapy protocols for osteosarcoma.

Dr. Scott Adams
Dr. Scott Adams