My boyfriend has hep c & chronic alcoholism - what can I expect?

Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Alcohol & liver

Immediately abstain from alcohol, have a specialist monitor his liver progression to slow down development of cirrhosis.

In brief: Alcohol & liver

Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Nothing Good

I am sorry to give you this bad news, but i think you already know that your boyfriend is heading for trouble.
He will likely, sadly, die at some time in the future due to liver failure. It is difficult to say when this might occur without looking at his lab values for his liver enzymes. There is treatment for hep c, but he must stop drinking first. He should see a hepatologist.

In brief: Nothing Good

Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Steven Saunders

In brief: Hep C and alcohol

Bad combo may cause serious liver disease like cirrhosis.

In brief: Hep C and alcohol

Dr. Steven Saunders
Dr. Steven Saunders
Dr. Eric Weisman