My husband has a rash above his belt line. What is it caused from? How do you treat it? I don't know how to send a photo.

Dr. Estylan Arellano
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Dermatitis

how long as he had it? Does it seem related to his belt? Is it itchy/painful, etc? does it look like hives? Could be contact dermatitis.
..but a picture would really help. If it is contact dermatitis, you can try Benadryl (diphenhydramine) cream and hydrocortisone topical cream. these are both over the counter.

In brief: Dermatitis

Dr. Peter Duic
Emergency Medicine

In brief: More information

how long has the rash been there, is it tender, does it weep, is it getting larger. Rashes around areas which tend to be warm and sweaty are often fungal infections.
It could also be a simple heat rash. However, more information is really necessary to shed some meaningful light on what is going on.

In brief: More information