Is there any way to get rid of acne scars once you have them?

Can be improved. Various treatments can be useful to treat acne scarring. Selection of treatment depends on various factors, including the type of scar, location, your skin type & other factors. Treatments include microdermabrasion, dermabrasion, fillers, surgical subcision, and lasers such as fraxel and fractionated co2 resurfacing.
Yes. Marks left behind by acne can range from skin discoloration to pitted scars. First, make sure to your acne is under control, so that you stop collecting new marks. Skin discoloration can fade with time (months) & sun protection. Other treatments include retin-a, dermabrasion, subscission, & lasers. Pitted scars & persistent skin discoloration often respond to lasers. Consult a dermatologist.