Mri showed grade 1 MCI sprain/strain..had arthroscopic surgery on left knee, found 2 tears on my medial and lateral menisci. ?

In brief: And the question is?

Though there's a question mark in the sentence, I don't know what you're asking.
So far you've said that you've got 2 tears in the medial & lateral menisci of your left knee. Are you wondering WHY MRI only showed a sprain/strain & not the tears which arthroscopic surgery claimed existed? If so, the answer is MRI of the knee is not as sensitive to "seeing" tears as direct visualization.

In brief: And the question is?