Didn't have Prozac (fluoxetine) for a week until yesterday. Today is my 2nd day of being back on it & I still have the withdrawal effects. When will they go away?

Dr. Steven Griggs
Clinical Psychology

In brief: You are lucky you

don't take Paxil or Effexor, (venlafaxine) as they are known to create even more havoc than Prozac.
Prozac has a longer half-life, and seems to take longer to work its way into your system. These meds interact with the nervous system at deep levels, so be patient. The actual anti-depressant effect can sometimes take up to a month to fully manifest.

In brief: You are lucky you

Dr. Steven Griggs
Dr. Steven Griggs