I have a tightness in my chest and neck and I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack. But the tests came back fine 3 weeks ago. What could be wron?

Dr. Stuart Hickerson

In brief: Chest pain

Although you have had one normal work up there still does not mean you do not have a heart problem. Other possibilities include lung problems like asthma, infection or blood clot.
You are young coronary disease less likely, but other reasons for chest pain from your heart. Anxiety and panic attacks can cause chest pain too.

In brief: Chest pain

Dr. Stuart Hickerson
Dr. Stuart Hickerson
Dr. Robert Fietsam
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: Esophageal spasm

The most common concern about chest pain is a problem with the heart.
After it is determined that the heart is okay, the second most common cause of chest pain is from esophageal problems: spasm, ulcers, reflux. A discussion with your primary care doctor may be helpful.

In brief: Esophageal spasm

Dr. Robert Fietsam
Dr. Robert Fietsam
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology