I have a pain in my solar plexus and between my shoulder blades that radiates out to my neck, shoulders and arms. Right now about a 4 on pain scale.

In brief: Nerve Impingement

You may have a nerve impingement of your long thoracic nerve or even impingement of a nerve root or another nerve near your spinal column.
This can happen from malalignment of the spine with impingement of a nerve, or even swelling of a muscle or other structure near a nerve. The 'referred pain' you are experiencing is likely related to a nerve condition.

In brief: Nerve Impingement

Dr. Eric Chevlen
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Go to ER

If this is of sudden onset, lasting long enough for you to read this reply, go to an emergency room. Possibilities range from a gas bubble and spasm in the esophagus, to heart attack or dissecting aortic aneurysm.

In brief: Go to ER

Dr. Eric Chevlen
If this is chronic symptom, the list of possibilities is quite different. In that case, schedule appt with doctor to be evaluated for chest or spine disease.
Dr. Steven Seres