Taking gabapentin 300mg three times a day for meralgia paresthetica. Started six days ago. No relief. How long before this stuff kicks in?

In brief: Are we there yet?

You're pretty close to when you should be feeling something with that particular dose.
I tend to titrate people rather slowly (1 pill escalate weekly) so it depends how your doctor told you to ramp this medication up but if you've been going 3x/day right from the get go then, maybe a few more days to a week at best. If you're no better then, either the dose is too low or medication inadequate.

In brief: Are we there yet?

Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Dr. Dariush Saghafi
2 comments
Dr. Chan Hwang
Some people do not see improvement until they have slowly increased to yet higher daily doses of 2400 to 3600 mg, about 4x your current dose.
Dr. Chan Hwang
...some do not improve with any dose.
Dr. Eric Weisman