How do I get rid of my constipation REALLY fast?

Dr. Laura Martin

In brief: Fast isnt good

should use increase in fiber in diet, exercise and fluids, like water. this should be the foundation of what you do.
If uncomfortable can use over the counter miralax (polyethylene glycol) for gentle relief. If signs of obstruction, nausea, vomiting, or abdominal pain then need to go to the ER

In brief: Fast isnt good

Dr. Laura Martin
Dr. Laura Martin
Dr. Steven Ferguson
General Practice

In brief: See below

Constipation can present in several ways in general we would not expect constipation to present itself in an association with your menstruation.
Several questions would help diagnose your problem. To include how often you normally move your bowels. Do you normally have a problem with constipation. Do you normally have pain in your pelvic and lower back area when you're constipated. Is your menstruation regular? Was this menstruation worse than your usual? Do you usually have cramping and discomfort at the time of your menstruation? A good rule of thumb in evaluating your bowel moment would include: bowel movement 1 to 3 times a day, the consistency of a banana, possibly floating, and six inches to a foot long. Other possibilities and more likely based on the small amount of data that I presently have is that you're having some type of hormone imbalance. Would suggest saliva testing to include estradiol, progesterone, testosterone, and DHEA. We would be happy to further discuss this issue in the concierge service at https://www.healthtap.com/dr-stevenfergusonmd

In brief: See below

Dr. Steven Ferguson
Dr. Steven Ferguson
Dr. Garland Martin

In brief: Constipation

milk of magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) 30 ml may repeat in 2 hours

In brief: Constipation

Dr. Garland Martin
Dr. Garland Martin