If I have a vitamin or mineral deficiency or if I have an excess of particular minerals or vitamins will I get symptoms to let me know I have?

Dr. Julie Abbott
Preventive Medicine

In brief: Often not

In general, the vitamin or mineral deficiency or excess has to be pretty significant in order to cause symptoms.
For example, vitamin D deficiency causes many things including bone disorders which causes damage even when you have no symptoms. Best to review what is recommended vitamin and mineral intake and make sure your diet includes these; back-up plan is daily multiple vitamin supplement.

In brief: Often not

Dr. Steven Seres