My son is 2 months old and is breast fed. How many hours can he go without a feed? If he is sleeping should I wake him up to feed?

In brief: Depends

It depends upon several factors- 6-10 week old infants usually experience a growth spurt- they may feed more frequently to help you increase your milk supply.
This is a time when some mothers return to work- you may note a drop in milk production. Also some mothers start use of hormonal contraception that may impact milk supply. Your infants # of stools may decrease at this time. Continued =>.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Pierrette Mimi Poinsett
Dr. Pierrette Mimi Poinsett
2 comments
Dr. Pierrette Mimi Poinsett
continued= if your baby is making 4-6 wet diapers in 24 hrs, continuing to gain weight- he is getting enough breastmilk + sleep. Infant sleep varies a lot from baby to baby. Also make sure you are getting enough rest. If you can try to sleep/rest when your baby sleeps. Don't forget to eat balanced diet, have liquids. A glass of milk and a peanut butter sandwich=#cals needed to make enough milk=>
Dr. Pierrette Mimi Poinsett
Contact a lactation consultant, nursing mother's peer group and/or a health care provider knowledgeable in breastfeeding management for more answers. Enjoy your new adventure with your new son! All the Best.

In brief: Depends

I have many that get 6-8 hours at night & feed every 2.
5hrs during the day. Unless your kid is an underweight premi, i don't wake them unless i need to get them up to start the day. Teaching a kid to wake up feeding is one pattern that seems to help them rest better at night. If they are not eating as they fall asleep they don't need it in the middle of the night if they wake briefly.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Shontae Buffington