What is the best natural way to get rid of a toenail fungus? I've tried Penlac (ciclopirox) from Doctor, but it was unsuccessful.

Dr. Kartik Patel

In brief: Oral antifungals

If topical therapy is not helping, the next step in my opinion is a course of oral (systemic) antifungal medication.
There are different regiments, but you should talk with your PCP about the pros/cons of each one. These medications can be hard on the liver and oftentimes must be taken for several weeks.

In brief: Oral antifungals

In brief: NEW solution

There is a new solution out now to topically treat toenail fungus.
It's called "Clear Nails-pro+" Ask your podiatrist about it and if you're lucky, you may even get a free trial supply.

In brief: NEW solution