When I watch tv or look at a busy object my eyes start to feel like a kaleidescope and I get dizzy. I have positional vertigo but could this be it?

Dr. Bernstein Joel
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Good question
Positional vertigo is the result of loose calcium carbonate stones in the inner ear moving with change in position.
The symptoms you are describing are consistent with a group of non-specific entities called visual vertigo, phobic postural vertigo, and is collectively called chronic subjective dizziness (csd). You need a full workup to rule out inner ear vestibular disease. Ent visit.

In brief: Good question
Dr. Bernstein Joel
Dr. Bernstein Joel
Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Different problem
The eyes are hardwired into the vestibular system. Benign positional vertigo does not usually have anything to do with looking at things or tracking objects.
There are types of vertigo, however, that do involve the eyes and these re best evaluated by either an ENT doctor or a neurologist.

In brief: Different problem
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. Eric Weisman