Chondromalicia is non arthritic. Does that mean that it is not arthritis? I have fullness feeling in the knee it be liguid? What is a medium effusion

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: I am sorry it is

Chondromalacia is the first degree of arthritis, what you have in your knee it is joint fluids came from the irritation and friction of chondromalcia.

In brief: I am sorry it is

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Michio Abe

In brief: Chondromalacia

Chondromalacia is due to an irritation of the undersurface of the kneecap covered with a layer of smooth cartilage.
It is distinct from arthritis, which is joint degeneration/inflammation. Fullness in your knee could be an effusion, which is an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the joint space associated with arthritis or trauma. A medium effusion means a medium amount of fluid in the joint space.

In brief: Chondromalacia

Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine