After looking up symptoms, I miscarried, although I hadn't realized I was pregnant. Can a doctor tell whether or not I had been pregnant and miscarrie?

Dr. Joyce Fiedler

In brief: Miscarriage

A blood test can be done to see how high your HCG hormone levels were, which can give you an idea of how far along you were in the pregnancy.
Serial blood tests will show the decrease in those levels. An ultrasound may show an empty sac. You should see a doctor for an evaluation to ensure that you do not have any retained tissue. I am sorry for your loss.

In brief: Miscarriage

Dr. Joyce Fiedler
Dr. Joyce Fiedler
Dr. Jane Van Dis