I am 6 mths post op from Lamonectomy L5 S1 with cauda equina syndrome. Still in debilitating pain in low back but now in left hip. The Dr. Is no help?

Cauda equina. It is sometimes difficult to treat the pain of this condition. How is your mobility, and bowel and bladder function? If pain is the remaining problem, there will usually be some benefit to working with a pain specialist. There are many treatments that can help. Some of them are medicines, some of them are not. Since you have had the symptoms for months, this would be a good place for advice.