What are the symptoms of a sprained elbow my symptoms are my arm is very painful to bend and unbend at the elbow?

Have it evaluated. Your symptoms may be due to fracture, sprains, arthritis, muscle, nerve or tendon injuries. Have the area evaluated so that you may get the appropriate care.
Could be. Could be a sprain, but could also be joint effusion (fluid in joint), an occult fracture, i would recommend trying ice, rest and if you can take an NSAID (advil) that might help. See your family doctor if not getting better quickly.