26 year old male, drink about a 6 pack a night. Active, 6'1 200 pounds, non smoker. Can the beer I drink cause heart palpable and racing h.R.? No insu

Dr. Slade Suchecki

In brief: Possible

Directly and indirectly.
I agree directly as per my colleague dr rutledge. But also indirectly from being dehydrated causing the heart to compensate for loss in volume and become irritable. I would recommend a reduction in alcohol consumption and consider keeping an eye out for a health fair or find a freeclinic to get a health assessment and assess risks. If issues persists or worsens, b seen.

In brief: Possible

Directly and indirectly.
Dr. Slade Suchecki
Dr. Slade Suchecki
Dr. Luis Villaplana

Time to slow down on the booze sir.

Time to slow down on the booze sir.
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Bart Denys
Alcohol is a stimulant AND depressant.. It increases the irritability of the heart. Very well known is the "holiday heart"...excessive drinking during holidays or spring break. Additionally, alcohol acts as a diuretic and causes dehydration. So in short, the answer is a loud YES!!!
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge

In brief: Alcohol toxic 2heart

In low doses alcohol, and particularly red wine, offer some health benefits.
But more than 1-2 drinks every day does damage not only to the liver, but also the heart and brain. Long term excessive alcohol causes heart failure, and short term binges can cause a racing heart (tachyarrhythmias such as atrial fibrillation or flutter). For good health, keep your drinking down to one drink a day.

In brief: Alcohol toxic 2heart

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Umesh Patel