In the past month i've developed bony growths on 3 of my finger/knuckles & 1 of my thumbs. I have a lot of overall joint pain but this is new. Ideas?

Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: That rapid a growth?
Osteoarthritis would not hit that quickly in an asymmetric fashion.
Ii also bet you had pain as the bone enlarged. The only major bone forming arthritis is psoriatic arthritis. See your rheumatologist. If you or relatives have had psoriasis, it's the best bet!

In brief: That rapid a growth?
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Robert Coats II
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Arthritis
Finger joints become swollen and painful as arthritis becomes more severe.
The bumps are a combination of bone spurs and cysts. The pain can be treated with oral or topical nsaid's. The bumps can be removed surgically, but may come back due to continued arthritis. A joint fusion will usually eliminate pain and further deformity, but prevents motion. See a hand specialist and get hand x-rays.

In brief: Arthritis
Dr. Robert Coats II
Dr. Robert Coats II
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine