I'm 35 weeks pregnant and was told I have a short cervix what does this mean?

Dr. Michael Pakdaman
General Practice

In brief: Short Cervix

The cervix is the passage way where the baby travels from the uterus to the vagina when being delivered.
The longer the cervix, the longer the baby has to travel, which may mean longer labor before the baby is delivered. Thus when the cervix is short there is unfortunately an increased risk of premature delivery and your doctor may recommend increased bed rest in the next few weeks before delivery

In brief: Short Cervix

Dr. Michael Pakdaman
Dr. Michael Pakdaman
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham

In brief: Probably normal

By 35 weeks the cervix is usually beginning to shorten and sometimes even beginning to dilate in preparation for labor and eventually delivery.
It is normal for the cervix to be "short" by 35 weeks.

In brief: Probably normal

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Jonathan Jassey