Ankle sprain for 6 weeks now and it's still swollen and I'm still in pain. And when I sprained it I heard a crack got a X-ray no break there any sugg?

In brief: See your doctor

Hi Peter, Sorry your ankle is hurting.
The one thing I'd like to share is that an initial xray is not foolproof. You can have a break that isn't visible at first. Ongoing pain could be that your ankle needs more rest, but most physicians would recommend repeat imaging to be on the safe side. It may be a tendon rather than a bone that is injured. Good luck, hope it's better soon.

In brief: See your doctor

Hi Peter, Sorry your ankle is hurting.
Dr. Shaym Puppala

In brief: Pain=get seen again

The body is always changing.
No two people are 100% alike. Most tests are not 100% sensitive/specific. So: What is expected of a symptom or disease is not always what happens. Continued pain/swelling after a sprain can be a from continued injury of tendon/ligament, thin fracture not clearly visible on x-ray, new stress fracture. Re-evaluation (preferably by same doc who saw last time) is needed.

In brief: Pain=get seen again

The body is always changing.
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine