Can I get pregnant if I am a insulin dependant diabetic who takes birth control and has had unprotected sex?

Small chance. For women taking birth control pills (ocp's) properly and consistently, the chance of pregnancy is reported to be 0.3% per year, or 1 pregnancy in 333 women each year. The actual pregnancy rate in the "real world" is reported to be at least 3% on ocp's, or 1 pregnancy in 33 women each year. So, there is a small chance of getting pregnant, regardless of whether or not one is diabetic.