If my tooth was pushed up into my gum and now I can't bite down am I going to need braces or can the dentist move my tooth back into place?

Dr. John Scuba
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Tooth impaction

It would be wise to see your dentist immediately.
Sometimes the tooth is salvageable, sometimes not. But it takes a careful exam to determine how much damage to the tooth and also to the bone. Without some treatment the area may become infected, and also may compromise the health of the adjacent teeth. An exam is the most important thing right now.

In brief: Tooth impaction

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Don't be surprised if your Dentist refers you for an Orthodontic Consultation, but don't wait, go now. The sooner this is addressed the better the prognosis.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Diagnosis

Diagnosis impossible over the computer. See your Dentist immediately.
..don't wait. Referral to an Orthodontist will probably be prudent.

In brief: Diagnosis

In brief: Trauma

Was the tooth traumatized? It needs to be immediately evaluated by a local dentist.
Once examined, treatment recommendations can be made.

In brief: Trauma

Dr. William Forsythe