Wife moved with me to the states and is not working last 6 months. She has started getting anger attacks. How to identify and fight depression?

Dr. Miroslava Fox
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Relocation=stress

Relocation, even positive, is a stressful experience.
Leaving the country of origin, friends, school, jobs, etc. Makes the sense of loss is more pronounced. I would recommend talking to a counselor, specializing in the issues of relocation, immigration and losses associated with the process. Losses need to be grieved and anger is one of the stages of grief.

In brief: Relocation=stress

Dr. Miroslava Fox
Dr. Miroslava Fox

In brief: Can be complicated

Moving can be very stressful, so if things are not going well, and if returning to the home country is not an option, then help must be sought.
For a couple, each person needs a primary doctor (can be the same doctor), who can be an internist or a family practitioner, who is not too busy to talk. Millions of americans live happier by taking small doses of medicine for stress, anger, or depression.

In brief: Can be complicated

Dr. Adam Levy