Can a baby be diagnosed with mobius syndrome even thought he is able to move his eyes in every direction?

Dr. Nela Cordero
In brief: MOBIUS SYNDROME
Mobius syndrome involves paralysis of the 6th, 7th, 12th cranial nerves.
The 6th cranial nerve palsy impairs eye movement outwards, while the 7th causes bell' palsy with unilateral paralysisof upper and lower face. So it is not mobius syndrome.

In brief: MOBIUS SYNDROME
Dr. Nela Cordero
Dr. Nela Cordero
In brief: Not that I know.
Mobius syndrome results from the underdevelopment of cranial nerves 6 (controls lateral eye movements) and 7 (controls facial expression).
Facial paralysis and the inability to move eyes laterally-side to side-forces babies to feed poorly and turn their head toward objects. Limb anomalies, chest wall anomalies, difficulties breathing & swallowing, and difficulty blinking may be associated.

In brief: Not that I know.
Dr. Michael H. T. Sia
Dr. Michael H. T. Sia
Dr. Jonathan Jassey