As I get older, I seem to be developing more spring pollen allergies. Is this possible, and how can I manage these?

Dr. Duane Gels
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Absolutely

Dear G-absolutely, you are prime age for developing allergies.
Especially if you are a newcomer to the midwest. You may have a temporary reprieve for 1-2 yrs, but likely you'd become allergic to local allergens. Start with 1 or more otc products (antihistamines, decongestants, topical steroids). Too weak? See allergist. PS Suggest no montelukast for you; rarely depression and suicide.

In brief: Absolutely

Dr. Duane Gels
Dr. Duane Gels
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY

In brief: Yes is possible

You develop hypersensitivity to the allergen every time you are exposed to it.
You body recognizes the allergen and every time develops a faster and stronger reaction to it, so at some point you start having symptoms (eye , nose or skin-> red itchy eye, sneezing running nose, skin rashes).

In brief: Yes is possible

Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. Michael Zacharisen
Agree with Dr. Irizarry. The management is avoidance (not very practical), antihistamines, topical nasal steroid sprays [most effective] and possibly allergy injections, if symptoms not controlled. No need to suffer!
Dr. Marsha Davis