The top of my stomach is firm and I get random sharp pains around my stomach sides and all. What is that?

Dr. Peter Kurzweil

In brief: Spasm of stom wall

Firmness, spasm, pain of any part of the gut/ gastrointestinal tract is caused by the muscular part of the gut going into spasm, either due to irritation from some food, too much acid, or obstruction of normal movement (peristalsis).
If persists more than few days, or fever, vomiting, doubled over in pain occurs, see physician. May try stopping alcohol, caffeine, hot spicy foods, tomatoes 1st.

In brief: Spasm of stom wall

Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Jack Hinkle