Don't know if I have yeast or candida yeast infection. Taking Monistat n probiotics. Should I go on candida diet just in case???

Dr. Andrea Rodgers
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Candida is yeast

Candida albicans is responsible for yeast infections.
If you are not sure what is causing your symptoms I suggest seeing your doctor to confirm and rule out any other causes. There have been no real studies on the Candida diet that I am aware of. If you get the diagnosis confirmed there is no harm in trying it. Avoiding lots of sugar, white flour and processed foods is a good idea for us all.

In brief: Candida is yeast

Dr. Andrea Rodgers
Dr. Andrea Rodgers
Dr. Peter Baumann

In brief: Candida

Candida is a form of yeast - if monistat is not helping, you may want to see a gynecologist for prescription medication and to do more detailed testing.

In brief: Candida

Dr. Peter Baumann
Dr. Peter Baumann
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham