My INR is @ the goal, 4 my dvt, is it normal 4 the swelling 2 move to my ankle, @ first there was no swelling of it, it's now 7 weeks since I have dvt.?

Dr. Michael Korona
Radiology - Interventional

In brief: Maybe

See your doctor to make sure it has not progressed.
Also ask doctor if you are a candidate for tpa (alteplase) infusion or trellis clot removal. Will potentially help you from having damaged vein valves later.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Michael Korona
Dr. Michael Korona
Dr. Colin Kerr

In brief: Swelling after DVT

When you have a deep venous thrombosis (clot, dvt), it causes damage to the valves in the veins of your leg.
This results in allowing the fluid that is circulating from your leg to your heart to have back flow, and this can cause swelling down to your ankles. This is a quite common complication of having a dvt, and unfortunately, it can occur whether you were treated or not.

In brief: Swelling after DVT

Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Vicken Poochikian