What is piriformis syndrome.What does it cause and how could you get relieved of.Does it cause pain in the whole leg.?Please help me.

Dr. Peter Kurzweil
In brief: Excellemt Question
Many cases, more than many doctors can imagine, of so called 'sciatica' and due to piriformis syndrome, which is a compression of the sciatic nerve as it travels thru buttock, into leg.
A form of 'entrapment syndrome'. Clinical exam makes dx. My mantra: best diagnostic tool between the ears). Causes pain down lower leg; rx is specific stretching exercises+. C a trained physical therapist.

In brief: Excellemt Question
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Andrew Germanovich
Pain Management
In brief: Piriformis syndrome
Is usually due to imbalance of your pelvis and altered biomechanics putting constant strain on your piriformis.
See an osteopath or a physiatrist or even a podiatrist for another opinion.

In brief: Piriformis syndrome
Dr. Andrew Germanovich
Dr. Andrew Germanovich