I am prescribed lortab 7.5/500 mg for rheumatoid arthritis, I recently found out im about 7 weeks pregnant, is it still ok to take the lortab?

Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management
In brief: Speak with Your OB
To determine what is safe for you to use while you are pregnant.

In brief: Speak with Your OB
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Steven Arbit
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Class C
Loretab is a narcotic pain medication.
It is class c for pregnancy. This means "animal studies show adverse fetal effects(s) but no human studies or no animal or human studies; weigh possible fetal risk vs. Maternal benefit. You need to discuss with your OB and rheumatologist to see if there are other possibilities for you or to have you continue using this.

In brief: Class C
Loretab is a narcotic pain medication.
Dr. Steven Arbit
Dr. Steven Arbit
Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Why lortab?
I never prescribe narcotics for my RA patients, since if you control inflammation and take nsaids you should not need a narcotic.
Ok for the baby, but not good for you!

In brief: Why lortab?
Ok for the baby, but not good for you!
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Adam Levy