How long does trouble concentrating last after having a concussion?

Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY

In brief: Cannot tell, varies

Need to find a pcp, or neurologist who have interest in concussion injury and the sequela.
Can tell you answer in this format.

In brief: Cannot tell, varies

Can tell you answer in this format.
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. Michael Taylor
Post-concussion syndrome usually resolves within a couple of weeks. If symptoms last longer than 2-3 weeks, then seek help--start with your PCP (primary care physician); specialty programs for post-concussion syndrome are available in many cities (trauma programs, sports medicine departments, neurologists, and neurosurgeons often have treatment protocols).
Dr. Anthony Vertino
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Different

Symptoms for post concussion symptoms vary widely between people.
I usually have my patients measure and track symptoms daily in a journal for frequency, intensity and duration of episode to get a better idea. Look at 90 day intervals for changes.

In brief: Different

Dr. Anthony Vertino
Dr. Anthony Vertino
Dr. William Singer
Pediatrics - Neurology

In brief: Variable

Symptoms of concussion may last from hours to days to months.
Trouble with attention and focus may remain for more than a year, and in some cases be permanent. See a neurologistfor evaluation and treatment.

In brief: Variable

Dr. William Singer
Dr. William Singer