If Ebola is transmitted by bodily fluid, why are people so concerned about epidemic? I mean, it's not as contagious as SARS which is airborn.

In brief: I agree with you

There has been a great deal of hysteria and misunderstanding in the public about this disease.
I think the fears come for a variety of reasons. Media sensationalism is just one. The virus is extremely lethal is another. And due to a lack of supplies, personnel, etc. it has been difficult to contain. I am much more concerned about a SARS epidemic myself.

In brief: I agree with you

Dr. Elizabeth Wallen
Dr. Elizabeth Wallen

In brief: Ebola

Concern is because despite not being airborne, to date there have been 4,447,deaths & 8,914 recorded cases of Ebola.
Two healthcare workers in Texas have now been diagnosed with Ebola. However, it is certainly a positive that the Ebola virus is not airborne & is only transmitted once symptomatic. This will help wi containment.

In brief: Ebola

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: You are correct

Ebola is spread by direct contact with an infected individual or the body and fluids of an infected person.
So unless you are planning a trip to West Africa, you almost certainly cannot encounter Ebola. Media tends to pick issues and make a tremendous hype about them. Ebola is certainly menacing but all world wide health organizations are working to keep it from spreading.

In brief: You are correct

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. William Schmidt

In brief: Good point

Thats a good point. Keep on reading and learning

In brief: Good point

Dr. William Schmidt
Dr. William Schmidt

In brief: We know little

the reason health care provider specially people responsible for public health are worry because not only we do not have a complete effective treatment for Ebola the disease still deadly they are still concern if there something about it that we might not know yet so they expect the worst and plan accordingly rare disease are a mystery and only time and a lot of research and effort will clear it

In brief: We know little

Dr. M. Hytham Beck
Dr. M. Hytham Beck
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology