The veins on penis have become darker, do I have varicose veins?

Dr. James Isobe
Phlebology

In brief: Check your legs

Varicose veins are seen in your legs, and they appear as ropy bluish veins bulging when standing, and becoming less obvious with elevation of the legs above heart level.
It is common to find prominent veins in the penis, which become engorged with arousal. This is not a sign of varicose vein onset.

In brief: Check your legs

Dr. James Isobe
Dr. James Isobe
Dr. Thomas Namey
Thinning of the skin with age can cause this appearance, as can desaturated blood from COPD
Dr. Ted King
Phlebology

In brief: Probably not

Veins on the penis are normal and can change in appearance from time to time based on a number of factors.
I wouldn't be too worried that these are varicose veins. If would want to make sure everything is ok, make a visit to your regular doctor.

In brief: Probably not

Dr. Ted King
Dr. Ted King
Dr. Norman Chideckel
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Varicose veins

You should be evaluated by a urologist

In brief: Varicose veins

You should be evaluated by a urologist
Dr. Norman Chideckel
Dr. Norman Chideckel
Dr. Joel Gotvald
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Varicose veins

No, varicose veins do not form on the penis.
The most common location for varicose veins is the legs. It is not unusual to have larger or darker veins on the penis, but these tend not to be disease or varicose and are a normal anatomical finding.

In brief: Varicose veins

Dr. Joel Gotvald
Dr. Joel Gotvald