Please let me know the 5htp dose for moderate anxiety and depression. I stopped my medication 10 months ago?

Dr. Hanford Yau
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: See your doctor

Psychotropic medications cannot be start, re-started, stopped, or changed without closing monitoring for side effects, titration, and evaluation of response.
Recommend you see your psychiatrist or primary care doctor for ongoing care and management.

In brief: See your doctor

Dr. Per Freitag
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Try 50 - 100 mg

Some studies have used 5HTP dosages of 300 mg a day for depression, but we consider any dose above 50 or 100 mg a high dose.
Most products on the market are sold in 50 and 100 mg capsules. Some people do well with 20 to 50 mg, while others may temporarily require 100 mg or more. Those who do well with small dosages can open a capsule and take a portion mixed with water. 5HTP is best absorbed on an empty stomach. Medical supervision is recommended if high doses of 5HTP are required to treat a particular condition. A capsule works very well, we don't see any obvious advantages of liquid 5 HTP. We suggest using a lesser amount of 5HTP if taken in a sublingual form. It does seem to be absorbed in the sublingual way and could work

In brief: Try 50 - 100 mg