How do I know if my headaches are from my TMJ jaw?

Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial
In brief: Related
Usually, if your headaches are related to the TMJ, when your TMJ pain worsens, your headaches worsen.

In brief: Related
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. William Lizarraga
In brief: Dentist
Treat the tmj. If the headache improves as your temporomandibular joint pain improves, then it was the headache.

In brief: Dentist
Dr. William Lizarraga
Dr. William Lizarraga
In brief: Exam
There are many causative factors of headaches.
There are also many different types of headaches. The intensity and location of headaches also vary from person to person. I often see patients with headaches when they are referred from their doctors or specialists whom have exhausted all other treatments. A combination of therapies is often needed to treat.

In brief: Exam
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Meng Syn
Dentistry
In brief: Dental Exam
You wont know if the headaches are from you TMJ unless a dentist diagnosis that you have dysfuntions, treats the problem and thus relieves your headaches.
Many things in dentistry are only diagnosed by eliminating all other possible causes. Headaches are only one of many symptioms related to tmd. See your dentist to be sure.

In brief: Dental Exam
Dr. Meng Syn
Dr. Meng Syn
Dr. Vikram Patel