Symptoms of sprained wrist compared to some sort of forearm fracture?

Symptoms. See where it is the most tender. If over bone could be fracture of tha distal radius or ulna. If over the wrist joint specifically more likely a sprain but wrist bone can fracture. Get an x-ray to be sure.
Similar but dift. The symptoms of a sprain vs fracture involve a combination of pain, swelling and some motion limitation. The best way to differentiate the two would be history of trauma, xray and orhopedic exam obviously the appropriate treatment will be quite different based on the actual diagnosis.