Can eye exercises help to reduce myopia?

Dr. Lee Shahinian
Ophthalmology
In brief: No
I am not aware of any controlled study demonstrating that eye exercises can reduce myopia.
Over 30 years, I have not seen any patients in my practice who have reduced their myopia with eye exercises.

In brief: No
Dr. Lee Shahinian
Dr. Lee Shahinian
Dr. Nazhat Sharma
It's a myth.
In brief: No
There is no known exercise to reduce myopia.
Myopia is familial in many cases. There seems to be more people becoming myopia when a population becomes more urban (instead of rural), and when the society gets industrialized and educated. It is not known if myopia is increased by close-up reading, close-up computer screens or tv's, less time spent outdoors, inadequate light indoors, etc...

In brief: No
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine