The heel of my foot hurts, what can I do?

Several things. You can try using ice ofr 30 min. 3 rimes daily, try otc alleve if no allergies & try stretching and otc orthotics. As long as there has been no trauma. If you have had an injury then see a doctor immediately.
Stretch. Often heel pain is due to plantar fascitis and stretching of the calf and achilles along with proper supportive shoes and inserts or orthotics can help. If your heel pain persist too long you need to be evaluated for possible other reasons for your heel pain such as nerve problems, bone tumors, or stress fracture.