When is it ok for me to leave the house with my baby?

In brief: Depends on situation

What a baby is exposed to, not going out that can be a problem.Babies under 8 wks of age are at risk of germs acquired at birth that could produce meningitis or blood poisoning.
Fever at that age willusually result in hospital admission. Public contact with those that may bring fever producing colds or other illness can lead to an avoidable hospitalization.Simple walks outsid are fine.Shopping not.

In brief: Depends on situation

Dr. Richard Pollard
Anesthesiology

In brief: See below

This really depends on you.
I have known parents taking their baby on walks within the first month, other seem to keep them hidden from view. Look at your neighborhood and climate and decide what is best for you.

In brief: See below

This really depends on you.
Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Deborah Ingram

In brief: You already have.

An appropriately dressed infant may leave the house at any time depending on a parent's comfort.
Crowded setting should be delayed however, for at least a few weeks.

In brief: You already have.

Dr. Deborah Ingram
Dr. Deborah Ingram
Dr. Cindy Juster